Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe comes from a Vancouver newspaper. They are very good!!!!!
- 4 lbs spareribs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cut ribs into individual pieces. Line a roasting pan with a double thickness of foil. Place ribs in pan and seal tightly in foil.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 45 minutes. Unwrap ribs and pour off drippings.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour half the sauce over ribs. Return to oven and bake for about 11/2 hours or until meat is tender, turning ribs occasionally and basting with remaining sauce.
Excellent and worthy of five stars! Made for Cooking With Spirits, a tag game.
I found this recipe in the Five Star Food cookbook. These are excellent!!