Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Back to the Family.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla bean seeds
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup dark raisin, soaked 2 hours in
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 pie shell
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Combine all the ingredients except the raisins and rum and pie shell in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix on medium speed with an electric mixer until the texture is smooth.
- Fold in the raisins and rum, then pour into pie shell and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350. Bake for an additional 45 minutes or until the filling is set. Cool on a wire rack.