Recipe by Puppies777
These cookies are spicy, moist and chewy. Reminiscent of Hermit cookies.
Top Review by awalde
MMhhh! Cookies with raisins and rum! I%u2019ve used real rum instead of water and rum aroma. They are really delicious. My children are crazy for them. I would like to keep some for Christmas, so I%u2019ll have to hide them. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Prepared for %u201CLet's P-A-R-T-Y! ~2010%u201D cooking game.
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- hot water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 3 1⁄2 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -4 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°. Place raisins and ¼ tsp extract in a small bowl with hot water to cover for 15 minutes; then drain well. Mix sugar and allspice in a small bowl; set aside.
- In large bowl, add cake mix, oil, rum extract, eggs and raisins. Mix until dough forms.
- Shape ¾ tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; roll in sugar allspice mixture. On ungreased (or parchment covered) cookie sheets, place balls about 1½" apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store tightly covered. Makes 4 dozen.
- Glaze: Mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Drizzle over cookies with tines of a fork. Set aside until glaze is set.