- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup very overcooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 6 tablespoons dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- One hour before cooking, put raisins to soak in rum.
- In large saucepan, mix together milk, cream and sugar and set aside.
- Place cornstarch in a bowl and dissolve with 1/4 of the milk mixture.
- Beat together vanilla and egg in another bowl, then add cornstarch mixture, beat together and set aside.
- Heat original milk mixture almost to the boil, stir in cornstarch/egg mixture, beating constantly with a whisk.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and then remove from heat.
- Add rice, raisins and rum to cooked pudding.
- Chill before serving.