1/1 Photo of Rum Raisin Minicakes With Maple Frosting
Not too sweet mini cupcakes are filled with spicy rum flavour and chewy raisins, then capped off with a swirl of frosting with it's decadent partner in crime - maple!
My Private Note
mini cu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 3 (1 g) packets stevia artificial sweetener (I used vanilla Krisda)
- 2 tablespoons dark raisins
- 3 tablespoons spiced rum
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter or 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon dark amber maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon natural maple extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (I whirled my sucanat in a coffee grinder)
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 dark raisins, for decoration
- 1Preheat the oven to 400F, grease or line mini muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, salt, sugar and stevia. Add the raisins and toss to coat.
- 3Stir in the rum, water and melted vegan butter until just combined.
- 4Bake 10 minutes, then unmould immediately onto a wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
- 5For frosting, beat together the vegan butter, maple syrup, maple extract, powdered sugar and salt until smooth.
- 6Frost cooled cupcakes and dot each with a raisin if desired.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rum Raisin Minicakes With Maple Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 62.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: