Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I love rum-raisin ice cream but have trouble finding it -- and the supermarket brands really aren't that great, anyway. But now I can have it anytime I want. It's super-easy, and tastes delicious with a little butterscotch sauce on top. Prep time includes the whole process.
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (use a rich brand, like Haagen-Daaz)
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Just before you go to bed, place the raisins in a small bowl and cover with the rum; cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit on your counter overnight.
- In the morning, remove ice cream from freezer and place in a large bowl; save carton.
- Stir raisin-rum mixture into ice cream (the ice cream softens quickly, particularly when using a premium brand), then pack back into carton and return to freezer.
- Let freeze for at least 6 hours before serving.
A real treat! I served it after lunch this afternoon and we all loved it. Simple and so easy to make! Thank You for sharing this recipe.
Delicious! Served this for Thanksgiving with warm home made apple pie. Everyone loved this rum flavoured ice cream and wondered what brand it was.Thanks for a simple but elegant dessert.