Recipe by Lennie
I love rum-raisin ice cream but have trouble finding it -- and the supermarket brands really aren't that great, anyway. But now I can have it anytime I want. It's super-easy, and tastes delicious with a little butterscotch sauce on top. Prep time includes the whole process.
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (use a rich brand, like Haagen-Daaz)
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Just before you go to bed, place the raisins in a small bowl and cover with the rum; cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit on your counter overnight.
- In the morning, remove ice cream from freezer and place in a large bowl; save carton.
- Stir raisin-rum mixture into ice cream (the ice cream softens quickly, particularly when using a premium brand), then pack back into carton and return to freezer.
- Let freeze for at least 6 hours before serving.