Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 mins
Flavored with rum and nutmeg
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons rum extract, divided
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in middle of oven; spray cookie sheets with nonstick cookie spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add half the cake mix along with the nutmeg, oil, eggs, and rum extract; blend with an electric mixer on med-high for 1-2 minutes, until blended and smooth.
- Stir in remaining cake mix and raisins with a wooden spoon until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, on cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-12 minutes or until set at edges and just barely set at center when lightly touched.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Icing: in a bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, and rum (add rum extract ½ teaspoon at a time and taste).
- Add just enough milk to make icing of spreading consistency.
- Drizzle icing over cooled cookies.