Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cobbler is rummy and yummy and super easy to prepare. It can be made with or without the raisins and even without the rum, although I wouldn't recommend it. Makes a great everyday dessert or brunch.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Using 1/4 stick of butter, generously butter the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan. I use a glass pan.
- Separate the biscuit's layers into about 20 thin 'biscuits'. Place 10 of the thin, separated biscuits in the greased pan.
- In a small bowl stir together the cold water and corn starch, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat stir together the fat-free half-and-half, sugar, spiced rum, raisins, vanilla, and salt. Heat, stirring constantly until it boils.
- Give the corn starch/water a quick stir, add it to the rum sauce, and quickly stir the sauce as it will begin to thicken immediately. When thick, remove from heat.
- Slice 1/2 stick of butter into 10 to 12 pats or more. Drop pats, or pieces, of butter over the first layer of biscuits then spoon on 1/3 of the rum sauce.
- Add the remaining layer of biscuits, butter pats, and another third of the sauce. Reserve the remaining third of the sauce for when the cobbler is done.
- Bake cobbler for 30 minutes or until golden brown and done in the center.
- Remove from oven and spread on the remaining rum sauce.
- Best served warm, alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.