Recipe by Stoblogger
This cobbler is rummy and yummy and super easy to prepare. It can be made with or without the raisins and even without the rum, although I wouldn't recommend it. Makes a great everyday dessert or brunch.
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can Pillsbury Golden Layers refrigerated flaky original biscuits
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup spiced rum
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Using 1/4 stick of butter, generously butter the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan. I use a glass pan.
- Separate the biscuit's layers into about 20 thin 'biscuits'. Place 10 of the thin, separated biscuits in the greased pan.
- In a small bowl stir together the cold water and corn starch, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat stir together the fat-free half-and-half, sugar, spiced rum, raisins, vanilla, and salt. Heat, stirring constantly until it boils.
- Give the corn starch/water a quick stir, add it to the rum sauce, and quickly stir the sauce as it will begin to thicken immediately. When thick, remove from heat.
- Slice 1/2 stick of butter into 10 to 12 pats or more. Drop pats, or pieces, of butter over the first layer of biscuits then spoon on 1/3 of the rum sauce.
- Add the remaining layer of biscuits, butter pats, and another third of the sauce. Reserve the remaining third of the sauce for when the cobbler is done.
- Bake cobbler for 30 minutes or until golden brown and done in the center.
- Remove from oven and spread on the remaining rum sauce.
- Best served warm, alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.