Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a version based on a recipe from Epicurious. It's a highly reviewed recipe with many similar recommendations from reviewers from all over the world. I made this recipe based on all the different recommendations and the brownies came out perfect and delicious! I made this and brought it over to a friend's house for a Labor Day weekend BBQ party and was loved by everyone! If you want to see the original recipe, it's under the same title on Epicurious.com.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Soak raisins in rum in bowl overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan.
- Stir butter and unsweetened chocolat in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Whisk in sugar and eggs.
- Mix in raisins with liquid, then flour.
- Mix in chips.
- Transfer batter to pan.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool brownies in pan on rack.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.