Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a tasty treat. Great for a potluck or picnic.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- To make the crust, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in the flour, and add the nuts.
- Press into a 8-9 inch square pan.
- Reserving some of the crumbs to use as a topping.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes; cool.
- With a mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add the sugar, egg and rum, beating well.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Spread the mixture over the cooked crust, and sprinkle with the remaining crumbs.
- Bake in a 350 oven for about 20-25 minutes.