Recipe by Lighthouse Rita
This Rum Raisin Cake is moist, delicious and easy to make. I usually make it to give as gifts. Everyone raves about it.
Top Review by cookiedog
Moist and delicious! This has a nice banana flavor that is really complimented by the raisins and walnuts. The rum warms your mouth. I made a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf and 3 smaller loafs. This is great with coffee. Made for PAC '10.
- 2 large bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup dark rum (I usually use light rum)
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash bananas to make 1 cup.
- Combine with milk.
- Cream sugar and butter light and fluffy. Beat in eggs until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and allspice.
- Beat 1/3 flour mixture into egg mixture until blended.
- Beat 1/2 banana mixture until blended. Repeat ending with flour mixture.
- Beat in rum until well blended, stir in raisins.
- Pour into 2 well greased or parchment paper covered loaf cake pans.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 50 minute Invert on wire rack to cool.
- For a few days I brush rum on top to give it extra flavor.