Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This bread is a little richer and sweeter than the usual raisin bread. For best results, soak the raisins in rum overnight and measure the raisins after soaking.
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a small bowl, pour rum over raisins, let stand 30 minutes, drain.
- Place ingredients in the order recommended by manufacturer.
- Use the regular setting for a 1 pound loaf.
- If your machine has a fruit setting, add the raisins at the signal, or 5 minutes before kneading cyle has finished.
this was delicious and didn't last long. i soaked the raisins overnight and prepared the bread the next day, everyone loved it. the only complaint was that we wanted more :).