Recipe by Lorac
Forget "Bananas Foster", here is the ultimate banana desert!
Top Review by GinnyP
This is a fun dessert! I will only use half the heavy cream, cream of tartar, and chocolate next time and instead of dessert plates, I'll use clear, stemmed dessert dishes. I like the chocolate in the whipped cream, too, but next time I'll reserve a little for sprinkling on the top. I looked at that little bit of banana on each of the four plates and thought what a tiny dessert, but this is filling! And last thing, I've never grated chocolate before tonight. What a workout! I earned every calorie! :)
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 bananas
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine raisins and rum and let soak 15 minutes.
- Slice bananas and arrange on 4 desert plates.
- Stir together orange and lemon with honey and drizzle over bananas.
- Beat cream and cream of tartar until stiff and fold in chocolate.
- Sprinkle raisins and nuts over bananas, top with whipped cream and serve.