Recipe by evelyn/athens
A different pie that I'm sure you'll love.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This pie had a wonderful flavor, and fairly simple to make. I used your sour cream pie crust which we really enjoyed. It was very light and flaky. I think if I make this again I'll decrease the amount of raisins. Thanks for posting.
- 1 sour cream pie crust, rolled out to fit 9 inch pie dish (in my recipes)
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 177.44 ml half-and-half
- 118.29 ml butter
- 6 egg yolks, beaten to blend
- 354.88 ml coarsely chopped pecans
- 29.58 ml dark rum
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 0.25 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prick pie shell with fork.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 430 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, raisins, half and half and butter in small saucepan and bring to simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually beat hot sugar mixture into yolks in large bowl.
- Stir in pecans, rum, lemon juice, vanilla and salt.
- Pour filling into crust Bake 15 minutes and reduce oven temperature to 375F.
- Continue baking until puffed and golden, 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.