Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From the Pillsbury Holiday Baking Cookbook
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- food coloring (optional)
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla and 2 teaspoons rum extract; blend well.
- Stir in flour and nutmeg; mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- With thumb, make imprint in center of each cookie.
- Bake 11-14 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, blend all frosting ingredients until smooth, adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency.
- Spoon or pipe about 1/2 teaspoon frosting into center of each cookie.