Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an old family recipe & tradition. I hate alcohol & cherries, but come Christmas-time, I just can't not have this pudding. I've been gobbling it up every year since I was a child. It's just not the holidays without it. I would make it year round, but I doubt my figure would appreciate it :) Preparation time does not include cooling.
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml milk
- 2 (56 g) envelope gelatin
- 59.14-118.29 ml rum or 1.23 ml rum extract
- 236.59 ml whipping cream (35%)
- 2 eggs
- 398 ml can bing cherries
- 44.37 ml cornstarch or 44.37 ml potato flour
- Melt gelatin in boiling milk.
- Mix sugar with egg yolks.
- Beat eggs whites until stiff, set aside.
- Whip cream, add gelatin and rhum.
- When it is barely starting to seize, add egg whites.
- Cool completely, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For Cherry Sauce:.
- Warm up cherries (and liquid) in a saucepan.
- Dissolve corn starch into 3 tablespoons or water.
- Add to hot cherries and heat on low until sauce thickens.
- Cool sauce to room temperature before serving.