Geniale Genie's Note:
This is an old family recipe & tradition. I hate alcohol & cherries, but come Christmas-time, I just can't not have this pudding. I've been gobbling it up every year since I was a child. It's just not the holidays without it. I would make it year round, but I doubt my figure would appreciate it :) Preparation time does not include cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (28 g) envelopes gelatin
- 1/4-1/2 cup rum or 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 pint whipping cream (35%)
- 2 eggs
- 2Melt gelatin in boiling milk.
- 3Mix sugar with egg yolks.
- 4Beat eggs whites until stiff, set aside.
- 5Whip cream, add gelatin and rhum.
- 6When it is barely starting to seize, add egg whites.
- 7Cool completely, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 8For Cherry Sauce:.
- 9Warm up cherries (and liquid) in a saucepan.
- 10Dissolve corn starch into 3 tablespoons or water.
- 11Add to hot cherries and heat on low until sauce thickens.
- 12Cool sauce to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rum Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.0
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 130.5 mg
- Sodium 77.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 12.6 g