Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an old family recipe & tradition. I hate alcohol & cherries, but come Christmas-time, I just can't not have this pudding. I've been gobbling it up every year since I was a child. It's just not the holidays without it. I would make it year round, but I doubt my figure would appreciate it :) Preparation time does not include cooling.
- Melt gelatin in boiling milk.
- Mix sugar with egg yolks.
- Beat eggs whites until stiff, set aside.
- Whip cream, add gelatin and rhum.
- When it is barely starting to seize, add egg whites.
- Cool completely, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For Cherry Sauce:.
- Warm up cherries (and liquid) in a saucepan.
- Dissolve corn starch into 3 tablespoons or water.
- Add to hot cherries and heat on low until sauce thickens.
- Cool sauce to room temperature before serving.