Recipe by Amis
My mother-in-law made this and it's sooo good. This is alchoholic, so it's not reccomended for children. It does need to chill several hours (overnight is best) and is the cooking time. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 1 tablespoon plain gelatin (see equilavents at bottom of recipe)
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 5 egg yolks, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pint hot milk
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak gelatin in cold water until soft.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until frothy and lemon-colored, then slowly add hot milk, stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture into top of a double boiler over boiling water, and cook for a few minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add gelatine mixture to this; blend well, then cool.
- When cream is cool, add rum and whipped cream.
- Pour into a mold and chill for several hours.
- Serve with raspberry sauce or whipped cream.
- Note: Gelatin equilavents are One envelope of plain granulated gelatin = 1/4 ounce = 1 tablespoon, enough to gel two cups liquid.