Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From The Charlotte Cookbook
- 1 cup butter (no substitute)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons rum flavoring or 4 tablespoons light rum
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg white
- almond flavoring
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add sour cream all at one time.
- Then add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each.
- Sift flour and soda together and gradually add to batter.
- When all ingredients are well blended, add flavoring.
- Pour into a well-greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 325 for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- If desired add icing to cooled cake.
- Icing directions; Beat softened butter with other ingredients.
- Pour on cold cake.
- Cake is very moist and keeps well.
This is so delish, we used leftovers for our strawberries and whipped cream, yum. I keep hoping that I will have some leftover for more than half a day and then I will put it in my trifle, I would have to hide this from everybody, including myself. Goo stuff