Recipe by crys loves to cook
I make this during the holidays. Super easy and nobody even cares that it came out of a box, but of course I don't tell them either. Cooking time does not include cooling time. I'm guessing at the cake package size but I think that is right.
Top Review by jacquelynjane
This cake is so easy and very delicious and moist! I used 1/3 cup (each) of coconut rum in the cake and the topping (thats what I had on hand). Will definitely be making this again!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F; spray or grease a bundt pan and sprinkle brown sugar on the bottom then pecans.
- Mix all other ingredients together until well blended and add to bundt pan.
- Bake for about one hour, depending on your oven, make sure you check the cake to make sure it is done.
- Invert on a cake plate and cool until just warm.
- Meanwhile make the glaze by melting the butter in a pot and add in the water and sugar. boil for about 5 minutes stirring constantly, remove from heat and stir in the rum.
- When the glaze is cooled brush it over the cake. I usually end up pouring it. enjoy!