Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
You have to love a good pecan pie!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 1 1⁄3 cups pecan halves or 1 1⁄4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Combine first 3 ingredients; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves .
- Cool slightly .
- Add eggs, vanilla, rum, and salt to mixture, mix well .
- Pour filling into pastry shell and top with pecan halves .
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes or until set .
- Serve warm or cold .
This is a Southern Living recipe and is DIVINE! Heavy on the rum flavor! No need to add more!