Recipe by -Patrish
This recipe is from "Maida Heatter's Book of Great Chocolate Desserts." This may be served hot, warm, at room temperature, or cold. It may be kept warm or reheated over hot water. It may be refrigerated for weeks. It is wonderful over ice cream--it does not harden.
Top Review by Elly in Canada
The sauce has a rich, fragrant taste, the vanilla, coffee and rum flavours all come through and tickle the tastebuds!!! After simmering it forms a smooth thick texture; a most delicious chocolate sauce!! Thanks for posting ~Patrish.
- 113.39 g butter
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml strained unsweetened cocoa powder
- 29.58 ml dark rum
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 0.59 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dry instant coffee
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size heavy saucepan over low heat melt the butter.
- Add the sugar, cocoa, rum, heavy cream, and salt.
- Stir over moderate heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add the instant coffee and stir to dissolve.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.