Recipe by dicentra
A taste of the tropics!
Top Review by Ambervim
I made savory crepes for dinner and these for desert. I used 1 hatcher mango as they are quite large. I did not put butter in the filling, nor did I let it stand for a full hour. I also forgot the powdered sugar. They were still yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cut in 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl toss together the mangos, lemon juice, sugar and rum. Set aside.
- Blend all ingredients for crepes until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 1 hour. Make 12 crepes in a 6-7 inch crepe pan.
- To serve: Fold crepes in quarters and put on a baking sheet. Brush tops with the melted butter and bake in 400' preheated oven for 10 minutes or until browned and slightly crispy.
- Stuff each crepe with about 1/4 cup mango mixture, transfer to a platter and dust with powdered sugar.