Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is beautiful as a dessert, or works well as a side dish. Posted for ZWT.
Make and share this Rum-Infused Grilled Pineapple recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 3 -5 tablespoons dark rum, to taste
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6 scoops ice cream
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Peel pineapple and cut crosswise into 6 slices.
- In a small bowl, mix rum and sugar.
- Place pineapple in a bowl and drizzle the rum/sugar over the slices.
- Stir well so every piece gets coated (may let stand for 3-5 minutes, to absorb flavors.).
- On a medium hot grill, place the slices for about 5-8 minutes, turning once. Remember to watch closely since the sugars can burn and become overly charred.
- Top with your favorite Ice cream and some whipped topping. (or fresh whipped cream!).
Even though I put plenty of the sugar/rum mix on the pineapple we could hardly taste it. It just tasted like bbq pineapple, which was nice but not spectacular. I think cooking up some rum and sugar with a little butter, cooking it down and drizzling it over the cooked pineapple might be more effective. We wanted just the fruit and skipped the ice cream and topping. Thanks for sharing your recipe, I'll try it again with some adjustments. Made for ZWT 5 Caribbean Dessert Challenge for the Cooks With Dirty Faces.
Easy and delicious! I basted the pineapple a few times when I flipped them during the grilling process. Very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing! ZWT7
OMG out of this world the DM and I thoroughly enjoyed, I used half a fresh pineapple (this definately has to be made with fresh) and 3 tablespoons light rum and 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar and let the pineapple marinate for a couple of hours turning occassionally and then cooked on the indoor grill on the stove top pouring the marinade over as I cooked it - I had cut my pineapple into 8 slices and they took about 3 to 4 minutes per side and served with a french vanilla bean icecream NIRVANA. Thank you alligirl, made as a thank you to our host in Everyday A Holiday.