Recipe by alligirl
This is beautiful as a dessert, or works well as a side dish. Posted for ZWT.
Top Review by momaphet
Even though I put plenty of the sugar/rum mix on the pineapple we could hardly taste it. It just tasted like bbq pineapple, which was nice but not spectacular. I think cooking up some rum and sugar with a little butter, cooking it down and drizzling it over the cooked pineapple might be more effective. We wanted just the fruit and skipped the ice cream and topping. Thanks for sharing your recipe, I'll try it again with some adjustments. Made for ZWT 5 Caribbean Dessert Challenge for the Cooks With Dirty Faces.
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 3 -5 tablespoons dark rum, to taste
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6 scoops ice cream
- 1 cup whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Peel pineapple and cut crosswise into 6 slices.
- In a small bowl, mix rum and sugar.
- Place pineapple in a bowl and drizzle the rum/sugar over the slices.
- Stir well so every piece gets coated (may let stand for 3-5 minutes, to absorb flavors.).
- On a medium hot grill, place the slices for about 5-8 minutes, turning once. Remember to watch closely since the sugars can burn and become overly charred.
- Top with your favorite Ice cream and some whipped topping. (or fresh whipped cream!).