Recipe by lazyme
From Party Nuts! by Sally Sampson. These sound easy and good.
Top Review by TJTess
Agree with the first reviewer. They will not last long. I intend to bring these to class tomorrow morning, but there may only be a few left. Out of necessity, I made a few substitutions/changes. Next time I will follow the recipe exactly and fear that it may be even better. FYI, recipe still works great with walnuts, maple syrup substituted for vanilla, and without allspice.
- 2 cups pecan halves, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the spice mix, place the spices in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- To make the glaze, place the glaze ingredients in a medium-size saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the pecans to the saucepan and cook until they are well coated and the pan is almost dry, about 1 minute. Spoon the spice mix over the nuts, 1 tablespoon at a time, until they are well coated.
- Transfer the pecans to the prepared sheet, separate with your hands or a fork, and let sit until completely dried, at least 1 hour and up to overnight.