Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Party Nuts! by Sally Sampson. These sound easy and good.
- 2 cups pecan halves, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the spice mix, place the spices in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- To make the glaze, place the glaze ingredients in a medium-size saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the pecans to the saucepan and cook until they are well coated and the pan is almost dry, about 1 minute. Spoon the spice mix over the nuts, 1 tablespoon at a time, until they are well coated.
- Transfer the pecans to the prepared sheet, separate with your hands or a fork, and let sit until completely dried, at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
Excellent! Make these every year in the fall and Christmas. Make great gifts, too.
Oh wow! I made this recipe to place on Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake and what an amazing pairing. That said, I have to add that it's mighty hard stop munching "just one more" of these. I can assure that these little gems will not last long. Very easy to make and so perfect for the Fall and Winter holidays (or just because you want them at anytime). Have you picked up on the fact that they are highly addicting? Thanks so very much for sharing this one Lazy (I think!, lol)