Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe courtesy Alex Garcia Show: Melting Pot
- 2 cups rum
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon rind, of
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 -4 star anise
- 4 peppercorns
- 12 large shrimp
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan combine rum, molasses, lemon rind, cinnamon, anise and peppercorns.
- Reduce until it becomes a glaze and set aside for later use.
- Brush the shrimps with olive oil on both sides.
- Then rub and season with garlic and salt and pepper to taste and grill.
- Arrange shrimps on a serving platter and drizzle with the rum glaze.
I did broil this very different dish. I made only half the sauce recipe using black rum. 1 star anise was enough and it gave a wonderful aroma. It was enough sauce so I saved the rum for rum and cokes for my DH. A very easy and tasty meal.