Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe courtesy Alex Garcia Show: Melting Pot
Make and share this Rum Glazed Shrimps recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan combine rum, molasses, lemon rind, cinnamon, anise and peppercorns.
- Reduce until it becomes a glaze and set aside for later use.
- Brush the shrimps with olive oil on both sides.
- Then rub and season with garlic and salt and pepper to taste and grill.
- Arrange shrimps on a serving platter and drizzle with the rum glaze.
I did broil this very different dish. I made only half the sauce recipe using black rum. 1 star anise was enough and it gave a wonderful aroma. It was enough sauce so I saved the rum for rum and cokes for my DH. A very easy and tasty meal.