Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was passed on to me by an acquaintance, but I believe it originally came from the internet.
For the Muffins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mincemeat
For the Glaze
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- FOR THE MUFFINS: Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder & salt.
- In another bowl, Stir apple juice & eggs into melted butter, mixing well.
- Stir butter mixture into flour mixture.
- Add mincemeat & stir until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- FOR THE GLAZE: Mix sugar & rum.
- Brush over top of each muffin before baking.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
Oh Yum! This was so good! My four year old daughter, who does not like mincemeat, gobbled these up! I used homemade mincemeat, and the flavor came right through. I didn't use the glaze because of the rum, but next time I think I will use apple cider or orange juice in place of the rum. And I bet some walnuts would work with this too. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!!
These are not only holiday festive, they are sophisticated to boot! These will make you feel grown up! I substituted apple cider for juice, otherwise, made as directed. Delicious! Thanks, Sydney Mike! Made for 123 HW.
Being a HUGE mincemeat lover, this recipe was a hit before I even made it! And, the recipe DID not disappoint either! The addition of the rum glaze really was the icing on the cake for these delectable mincemeat muffins; just amazing flavours - fruit and rum, gorgeous! I had previously made Sydney Mike's mincemeat recipe - and it worked perfectly with these muffins. Made for the Aussie/NZ recipe swap #15 - and I had rave reviews about these when I served them to friends with coffee yesterday afternoon! Merci encore Syd! FT:-)