Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Via the web from Conagra.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (for dusting pan)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped dried plums
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup egg beaters fat-free liquid egg product
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Coat 12 mini-bundt pan cups (or 6 mini loaf pans (5 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 2-inch) with cooking spray. Lightly dust with a small amount of flour.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Combine 1/2 cup of the non-melted margarine with the sugar. When margarine is melted, add the dried plums, rum, and 1/4 cup water.
- Increase to high heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until the consistency of syrup, stirring frequently. Drain plum mixture, reserving syrup.
- In a small bowl, combine drained plums with nuts. Press in bottoms of prepared pans, dividing evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, 1 cup water, eggs, and the melted margarine. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed 30 seconds. Increase to medium speed and beat 2 minutes longer. Spoon batter in pans over fruit. Bake 15 to 20 minutes for mini-bundt pans (25 to 30 minutes for loaf pans), or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 2 minutes. Run thin knife around edges of cakes. Remove from pans and place on a wire rack. Prick top of cakes with toothpick in several areas. Reheat glaze over medium heat and brush over tops and sides of cakes. Cool.
- *NOTE: May substitute rum with 1/2 cup water and 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract, if desired.