Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Like the other filling, just guessing on times; I haven't made it yet.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup scalded milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and salt until light.
- Add scalded milk and cook over double boiler until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Chill.
- Fold into whipped cream.
- Soak gelatin in cold water and dissolve over hot water.
- Beat egg whites and 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff.
- Add gelatin to egg yolk mixture and fold in stiffened egg whites.
- Add rum.
- When the filling begins to thicken, spread on layer of cake; let stand until set then top.