Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups eggnog (Store-bought)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons rum or 2 tablespoons brandy
- In a 4 cup glass measure, blend the eggnog and cornstarch until smooth.
- Microwave uncovered at high for 4 - 5 minutes, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring twice.
- Cover and let cool slightly; refrigerate until cold.
- In a bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form; beat in rum or brandy.
- Fold into eggnog mixture until smooth.
- Refrigerate sauce until ready to serve.
I wanted to like this but it was only OK. Once I added the eggnog, the "poof" in the whipping cream disappeared. I also think the quality of the eggnog can be important and I only had basic store-brand eggnog. I added 3 TBL of sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla in an attempt to bump up the taste. I had so-so flavored, runny sauce. :( Made for My 3 Chefs Challenge, Nov. 2009