1/1 Photo of Rum-doused Lemon Poppy-Seed Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
My sister in laws favourite dessert...enjoy from Enchanted Evenings by John Hadamuscin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease a 10" tube pan or bundt pan.
- 3In large bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese until well blended.
- 4Mix in sugar, eggs, and lemon rind until light and fluffy.
- 5In seperate bowl sift, flour and baking powder, stir into butter mixture.
- 6Add in poppy seeds.
- 7Bake 55 to 60 minutes.
- 8Cool 15 minutes in pan, then invert onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 9Drizzle rum over cooled cake slowly, allowing for absorption before drizzling on rest.
- 10Cover and let stand 2 or 3 hours before serving.
- 11Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rum-doused Lemon Poppy-Seed Cake
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.8
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 185.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g