Recipe by Baby Kato
My sister in laws favourite dessert...enjoy from Enchanted Evenings by John Hadamuscin
Top Review by YungB
Excellent flavor, very nice texture. I think this recipe would also makes great poppy-seed muffins. Keeper recipe. Thank you for sharing it. UPDATE: This cake tastes better the next day.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 cup rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 10" tube pan or bundt pan.
- In large bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese until well blended.
- Mix in sugar, eggs, and lemon rind until light and fluffy.
- In seperate bowl sift, flour and baking powder, stir into butter mixture.
- Add in poppy seeds.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan, then invert onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Drizzle rum over cooled cake slowly, allowing for absorption before drizzling on rest.
- Cover and let stand 2 or 3 hours before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.