Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another favorite Caribbean inspired recipes. This is wonderful and easy to make
Make and share this Rum Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Crumble the ginger snaps in a food processor and add the melted butter.
- Use this mixture to line a deep pie plate or spring form pan. Bake this at 325°F for 19 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks well, and add the sugar. Soak the gelatin in the cold water and heat gently over low flame until fully dissolved.
- Pour over sugar and egg mixture, stirring briskly. Whip the cream until stiff. Fold in the egg mixture and flavor with the rum.
- Cool in the refrigerator until mixture begins to set and pour into the pie shell. Chill until firm and garnish with chocolate curls and chopped nuts.
**Second try at bat this time with the correct ingrediants. Have to say that while the texture was better this time (firmer), we all preferred the taste of the whipping cream. So will do it again but in a pie plate rather than a spring form. Also, added a wee bit more butter to the base to soften that up. This would be great with kahlua or a chocolate liquor as well. **April2008 - tried again and still not sure what I'm doing wrong. Just no luck getting the texture and taste to match up. So changing my review from 5 to a 4. Try #1 with the whipping cream still had the best flavour but not the firmness required.