My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups regular rolled oats
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cooking apples, peeled,cored,and sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 cup raisins, soaked in warm water
- sweetened whipped cream
- 1Combine the oats, butter, and brown sugar.
- 2Press mixture onto the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate and bake at 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes; let cool.
- 3In a saucepan combine the water, 1 cup sugar, and lemon juice, and bring to a boil.
- 4Add the sliced apples and poach gently until apples are tender.
- 5Drain, reserving 1 cup of the syrup.
- 6In a saucepan combine the cornstarch, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and salt; gradually blend in the reserved syrup and half and half and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 7Remove from heat, stir in the rum and raisins, then let cool slightly.
- 8Pour half of the cream mixture into the pie shell.
- 9Arrange the apple slices over the cream mixture (reserving a few slices for garnish), then top the apples with the remaining cream mixture.
- 10Arrange reserved apple slices on top for garnish.
- 11Refrigerate until set and well-chilled.
- 12Serve with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rum Cream Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1851 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3392.4
- Calories from Fat 873
- Total Fat 97.0 g
- Saturated Fat 57.5 g
- Cholesterol 252.0 mg
- Sodium 767.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 617.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.8 g
- Sugars 472.8 g
- Protein 30.3 g