Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Make these for a cookie swap. Used regular Barcardi rum. Everyone loved them. It's from the 1001 Cookie Recipe Cookbook.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs. Beat in the rum and almond extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Cover and chile for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until lightly colored. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Jim, these are great, only difference is I chilled overnight instead of 4 hours. Seems there was no difference. Anyway, great flavors and texture, and the DS and I are looking forward to having these today, and tommorow. These do make alot. Made for you win in Football Pool.