Prep 29 mins
Cook 35 mins
A new twist to muffins.
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon rum
- Brew one cup coffee and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Whisk eggs and sour cream and add coffee and whiskey.
- Make a well in drys and stir in liquids quickly.
- Spoon into 18 muffin tins and bake 350°F 20 to 25 mins or until tested done.
I cut the recipe amount to 6 muffins which ask for a tsp of rum. I used a tbsp of Mozart Black (dark chocolate liqueur) instead ans switched Splenda for the sugar. Considering that there is no fat in these to speak of they are nicely moist and very slightly on the chewy side. The flavor is great. They make up in moments and were fully baked in 18 min @ 350f. Very tasty indeed.
Made these and followed the instructions - except I put my oven to 375... and they burned a bit. The taste was very nice of the rum with the coffee. Thanks Jellyqueen!