Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern Living.
Make and share this Rum-Coconut Key Lime Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 12 -14 vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies, finely crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 1 tablespoon sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- To make the crust: combine all the crust ingredients; firmly press on bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes or several hours.
- To make the pie: in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add in lime juice and rum; stir to combine.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Sprinkle evenly with coconut.
- Cover and chill at least 12 hours or until set.
Key lime pie is ok but....this recipe is GREAT.. my family loved it and it is so easy to make.