1/1 Photo of Rum Caramel Cake (Cake Mix)
Source: Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade Cooking Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box better crocker yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1For cake:
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Spray 3 (8inch) round cake pans with non-stick spray; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, beat cake mix, rum, water, eggs and oil on low speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- 5Scrape down sides of bowl and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- 6Divide batter evenly between 3 prepared pans.
- 7Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes or until tester comes away clean.
- 8Cool completely before icing.
- 9For icing:
- 10Melt butter with brown sugar in medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 11Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 12Add milk and bring to a hard boil, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 13Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- 14Let cool to room temperatureand transfer to a medium bowl.
- 15Use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- 16Spread icing on top of each cake round.
- 17Stack and ice the sides and top of the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rum Caramel Cake (Cake Mix)
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.8
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 312.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 56.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g