1/6 Photos of Rum Cake
Melissa Highfill's Note:
Not sure where the recipe is originally from, but it is very intoxicating. Great for a Carribean or Tropical theme...Good for potlucks (not church or job related ones). Best if made the day before and refrigerated. Guessed on prep time and servings...depends on how big you slice the bundt cake and how long you wait between applications of the glaze.
My Private Note
Bundt C ...
Units: US | Metric
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix
- 106.31 g box jello instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml Bacardi dark rum (80 proof)
- 1Cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 12c.
- 3Bundt pan.
- 4Mix all cake ingredients together.
- 5Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- 6Bake for 1 hour and cool completely.
- 7Make the glaze while cake is cooling.
- 8Glaze: Melt butter in sauce pan.
- 9Stir in water and sugar.
- 10Bring to a boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Stir in the Rum.
- 13Invert the cake onto a serving plate or cake stand.
- 14Prick the top of the cake with a toothpick to allow the glaze to soak in.
- 15Drizzle and smooth the glaze evenly over the top and sides.
- 16Allow the cake to absorb the glaze.
- 17Repeat until all of the glaze is used up.
- 18(This will take several applications).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.6
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.1 mg
- Sodium 499.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 43.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g