Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 12-cup (standard size) bundt pan.
- Sprinkle nuts over the bottom of the pan.
- Mix all cake ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Pour batter over nuts.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Invert on serving dish.
- For the glaze: melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in water and sugar; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum.
- Spoon and brush glaze evenly over top and sides of cake.
- Allow cake to absorb glaze.
- Repeat until glaze is used up.
- Optional frosting: Mix powdered sugar with water (consistency is up to cook); then garnish cherries.
- Or just sprinkle with powdered sugar and then garnish with cherries.
This is excelent. Rich and tasty. Great for potluck.
This is a great cake. I've made it 3 times already and it rarely lasts more than a day.
This is the most easy and delicious rum cake I have ever made. I can't keep my family away from it once it is done. To say the least it doesn't last very long in our house once its been cut!