Recipe by Chef Teresa #2
I found this recipe in a old cookbook that was being passed around at work for everyone to look at. I use to make it at Christmas time, now I have other cakes to make at Christmas.
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix (butter flavor)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix (small box)
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water, cold
- 1⁄2 cup oil
hot rum glaze
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 cup dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
- Sprinkle pecans over bottom of pan.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour batter over pecans.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Cool, and invert on serving plate.
- Prick top of cake.
- HOT RUM GLAZE.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon and brush glaze evenly over top and sides using pastry brush. Allow cake to absorb glaze.
- Repeat until glaze is used up.
- BE CAREFUL THIS CAKE IS DEADLY!