Recipe by Bonnie Young
This is a moist delicious cake. I found the recipe in a cookbook I got at the library and copied it but I can't remember which cookbook it came from. It sells great at bake sales for as much as $10.00.
Top Review by Lighthouse Rita
This cake is the best ever. I was going to post my recipe and found this recipe to be almost the same. The only difference is it calls for 1/4 cup oil instead of 1/2 cup and also suggests that if you choose to use cake mix with pudding in the mix use only 1/4 cup water instead of the 1/2 cup suggested. The recipe also calls for 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts.
- 524.46 g box yellow cake mix
- 99.22 g package instant pudding mix
- 118.29 ml rum, light preferred
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml water
- 4 large eggs
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml rum, light preferred
- 59.14 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees spray 2 qt Bundt pan with non stick spray.
- Using mixer at low speed, blend the cake mix, pudding mix, rum, oil & water. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each.
- Sprinkle pecans in the bottom of bundt pan & pour the batter on top of pecans. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until knife inserted an inch from the center comes out clean do not remove cake from the pan!
- Make rum syrup: In a small saucepan bring sugar, butter, rum and water to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- With a fork or wooden skewer, make holes in the top of cake. Pour the syrup over the cake and let it sit for 30 minutes while the syrup is absorbed.
- Invert cake pan onto a serving plate. Allow it to sit for several minutes and the cake will loosen from the pan.