Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is super easy and makes a great gift at christmas time. Or at potlucks.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- Grease and flour bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts on bottom of pan.
- Mix all ingredients and pour over nuts.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Cool.
- Invert on serving platter, prick top & sides with a fork.
- Pour glaze over cake.
- Melt butter in saucepan stir in water & sugar.
- Boil for 5 minute.
- Remove from heat add rum.
- Pour over cake.
- You may not want to use all the glaze the cake will get soggy on the bottom.
Great recipe...yummy cake...but baking time is too long...I recommend following the cake mix directions.