Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from a former co-worker of mine. She brought it to a Christmas luncheon and I just had to have the recipe.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup rum, divided
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water and 1/3 cup of the rum (save the other third cup of rum for icing).
- Beat for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans on bottom of greased Bundt pan.
- Bake 325 degrees for one hour.
- Remove from pan.
- While the cake is hot pour glaze over it.
- To make glaze heat 1 stick butter, 1/4 cup water, 1 cup sugar.
- Boil for minute, remove from heat and then add rum.
I just served this cake at a BBQ and everyone loved it. I highly recommend it and it's easy too.