Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a favorite of ours at Christmas time. You can definitely taste the rum in it. A real treat!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 3⁄4 cup rum, divided
- 3⁄4 cup water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- powdered sugar
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Crush the nuts and put in bottom of pan.
- Set aside.
- Mix cake mix, pudding, 1/2 cup rum, 1/2 cup water, vegetable oil and eggs.
- Pour on top of nuts.
- Bake 50- 60 minutes at 350.
- When cake is done: Cook sugar, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup rum and butter until disolved.
- Pour hot sauce on top of cake while cake is still hot.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Take cake out of pan- flip it so nuts are on top.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Wonderful cake! I will make a little bit more sauce next time. When I poured it over cake, it gave the top half (after flipping) a beautiful color, but about an inch of the bottom didn't match. Amazing flavor and presentation though!!
Good rum cake,I will make this one again soon.
I made this cake a while back and thought that I had already reviewed it, but maybe not. This cake is great. I love making cakes that start with cake mixes, but no one ever knows. DH loved this cake and carried several friends samples. They all requested the recipe. Thanks for the great recipe.