Recipe by Teaspoon
This is a favorite of ours at Christmas time. You can definitely taste the rum in it. A real treat!
Top Review by Cinnamon1025
Wonderful cake! I will make a little bit more sauce next time. When I poured it over cake, it gave the top half (after flipping) a beautiful color, but about an inch of the bottom didn't match. Amazing flavor and presentation though!!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 3⁄4 cup rum, divided
- 3⁄4 cup water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Crush the nuts and put in bottom of pan.
- Set aside.
- Mix cake mix, pudding, 1/2 cup rum, 1/2 cup water, vegetable oil and eggs.
- Pour on top of nuts.
- Bake 50- 60 minutes at 350.
- When cake is done: Cook sugar, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup rum and butter until disolved.
- Pour hot sauce on top of cake while cake is still hot.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Take cake out of pan- flip it so nuts are on top.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.