Recipe by Baking Girl
This Bread Pudding is delicious! I don't even like bread pudding because of the texture but this one is perfect.I made it in my Cakes, Custards, and Creams class.
- 8 ounces raisins (or any other dried fruit or nuts or a combination)
- 4 fluid ounces rum (or brandy)
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces stale bread (I used Cinnamon Pecan Bread)
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- 6 eggs
- 26 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 fluid ounce vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine raisins and rum in small saucepan. Heat to just a simmer, cover and set aside.
- Use a portion of the butter to coat a 2" hotel pan. Reserve remaining butter.
- Tear the bread into chunks and place in a large bowl. Pour cream over bread and set aside until soft.
- Beat eggs and sugar until smooth and thick. Add vanilla, melted butter, raisins and rum.
- Toss egg mixture with bread gently to blend. Pour into the hotel pan and bake until browns and almost set, about 45 minutes.