Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I served this at a small dinner party and everyone loved it.
- 4 tablespoons orange blossom honey
- 3 tablespoons dark rum or 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups mixed berries, such as blueberries,red raspberries,golden raspberries,black raspberries,and sliced strawberries
- 6 large snickerdoodles or 6 large sugar cookies
- whipped dairy dessert topping
- toasted coconut (optional)
- In a medium serving bowl stir together honey, rum or orange juice, lime peel, and lime juice.
- Add berries; stir gently to mix.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 15 minutes, or refrigerate up to 1 hour.
- On large serving tray, arrange cookies next to bowl of berries.
- Place whipped topping in bowl of ice.
- Place toasted coconut in another bowl.
- To serve, have each person assemble his or her own shortcakes on dessert plates by spooning berries over cookies, then adding whipped topping or coconut.