Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Warm bananas served over cold ice cream. YUM! From the cookbook, Special Taste of Florida and the Brooks Restaurant.
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced on an angle into quarters
- 1 ounce rum
- 1⁄2 ounce banana liqueur
- coconut ice cream (or flavor of your choice)
- toasted macadamia nuts
- whipped cream (optional)
- Bring butter and two sugars to boil in a sauce pan whisking constantly.
- Stir in two sliced bananas.
- Add rum and liquer. Continue cooking one minute.
- Have four goblets or bowls with ice cream ready.
- Spoon hot banana mixture on top of ice cream, dividing evenly among four servings.
- Top with nuts and whipped cream.