Renegade Chef's Note:
Southern Living, March 2006. I was looking for something a little more exciting than traditional banana pudding and this did the trick. Very rummy, so I wouldn't go past 3T. I used 3 bananas. Eat it fast, the first day is the best. You can also serve cold by allowing it to cool 15 minutes, then chilling 4 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together the first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; cook, whisking constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened (Note: pudding always takes me twice the time the recipe lists--usually 15 to 20 minutes.).
- 2Let pudding stand 5 minutes, then gently stir in bananas.
- 3Arrange 15 vanilla wafers in single layer on bottom of a 1 1/2 quart bakign dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans on wavers. Pour half of pudding on top. Repeat layers, ending with pecans.
- 4Beat egg whites and 1/8 cream of tartar at high speed until foamy.
- 5Add remaining sugar one teaspoon at a time, beating until soft peaks form (1 to 2 min).
- 6Spread meringue evenly over top, sealing edges.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rum Banana Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.8 mg
- Sodium 86.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g