Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious banana bread with just a hint of rum. The sour cream makes this loaf so moist! This usually gets eaten right away!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons rum
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (approximately 4)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until light.
- Add rum, sour cream and almond extract.
- Mix in mashed bananas.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and combine.
- Bake for 1 hour depending on size of loaf pan.
Great Recipe. I had a bake off with two other co-workers. We passed our baked breads around the office for judging. The bread that I had baked following this recipe was the one chosen by most of the office staff. The general consesus was: "... moist, and not too sweet."
This Rum Banana Bread filled our house with a beautiful smell as it baked this afternoon. My husband and I have just had a slice each while it is still warm and thought it was wonderful. Really tasty!
To start with I do not like banana bread (well not until now) and this is the best. At least the rum makes it interesting and it is more like a cake. My husband loves bananas and rum - so he is in heaven.